Image Map

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Doing Some Reflecting...

Hello! 
Happy Thursday!
One more day and it is the weekend!
I think I've already used this picture.
Whatever.
Do you have any big plans for this weekend?
I am going to see the new Batman movie.
I hate superhero movies.
Don't ask my why, I just do.
So why am I paying $15 to go see one?
I don't know the answer to that either.
Blah.

Anyways, for today's 30 Things I am supposed to tell you about the hardest thing I have experienced.
So the hardest thing I have had to go through would probably be loosing my Grandpa when I was in 8th grade. It was really tough. He would always give me a dollar, and tell me not to tell my Grandma :). He was really sick by the end though and it was a blessing that he didn't have to suffer anymore.
A few years later my family suffered another loss. It was the loss of my sweet baby cousin. I was never able to meet him but I know he had an impact on my entire family. It was hard watching his parents go through that, and I prayed everyday that the Lord would help them through it.
One last thing that was really hard was when I found out my best friend's mom had breast cancer. I don't think I had ever been so scared in my entire life. I cried, she cried, we all cried. It was really hard. But she is a trooper and pulled through it like we all knew she would. 

I wouldn't say that my life has been hard by any means. I know people who have to experience loosing loved ones time and time again. But these struggles that we all face help to make us who we are. They are there to make us stronger. Loosing someone you love or dealing with a sickness sucks, and you may ask why me, but one of my life's mottos is that everything happens for a reason, even if it is a sucky reason.

Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

Jenn @ Party of One said...

Those are all such tough things to go through- I know that when I, one day, loose my grandparents it will be hard for me too. My grandpa and I have always had a goofy relationship that I love. Thanks for sharing :)

Love that Thursday e-card too...so funny and sadly, so true.